Thursday, March 6, 2014

Sex Clubs Do Exist

I am not sure if anyone has really read Candace Bushnell’s well known book "Sex and the City" or if people skipped the book and went right to the show – which of course is a personal favorite of mine, cliché yes, but so what?  In an early part of the book, the main character enters a sex club with one of her guy friends to see what it’s all about. I read this book years ago when living in the big apple was just a day dream and since I was a small town girl, I assumed this sex club portion was complete bullshit. And as usual, I assumed wrong.

One Saturday, I was in the kitchen attempting to cook something, when my roommate comes my way and asks, "So what are you going to do tonight?" Since I had no life or plans (knowing no one was getting a little old) I responded by telling her probably staying in. I then asked, "What are you doing tonight?" Now usually when someone asks that question, in my mind common responses are the following:

1. Heading to dinner with some friends

2. Date night with my boyfriend

3. It’s my friend’s birthday so we are going boozing

4. Going to guzzle down two bottles of wine and Netflix it up

My roommate, however, had much more unique Saturday night plans. She starts to answer my question with "Well, I am not sure if I should tell you because I haven’t known you very long." I think to myself ok cool, no problemo, so I told her, "Oh no worries, you don’t need to tell me." However, she continued on. "I am going to this club with my boyfriend and it’s kind of an exclusive thing." I should have just said that’s cool, but curiosity got the best of me, so I continued on, "Where’s the club", I asked, "what kind of club is it?"

My roommate and her boyfriend were going to a sex club that night. She nonchalantly explained all the details. I was intrigued and I couldn’t stop asking questions. I think if someone was watching our conversation from the outside, they would have grabbed me, looked me in the eyes and said "Dorothy, you’re not in Kansas anymore." Because I will tell you one thing, western PA doesn’t have sex clubs. We have strip clubs where women show off their c-section scars.

My roommate had been to the sex club once before and her boyfriend was way into it. They thought it was a fun way to spice things up. To gain access to the club, you have pre-apply and send photos of yourself and a little write-up. Then if the club deems you worthy, you are allowed to go. There is also a cost associated with it and from what I remember, it wasn’t cheap. That Saturday night, the club was doing a beach theme and my roommate was struggling because she didn’t have a slutty, sexy dress to wear. Well, since I knew that was right up my alley, I asked, "So do you want to borrow one of my dresses?"

That night, my roommate strutted her stuff in my dress at the sex club while I spent the night on the phone with friends giggling and googling sex clubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment