Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Viva Viagara

Ok Ladies, I think we can all say that we have found things in our boyfriend's apartment that we thought was weird. Maybe it's three containers of expired hummus shoved at the back of the fridge, maybe it's make-up concealer, maybe it's an old bank statement you stumbled upon while cleaning...(all of which come from personal experience) but I think for many ladies out there with a steady beau in their life, any time we find something very personal, it makes us a little uneasy. Lucky for me, it takes a lot to embarrass me and when I the found the viagara prescription in my boyfriend's bathroom, now EX boyfriend,  I couldn't help but laugh and bring it to his attention.



I was fixing my hair in my ex's bathroom one saturday night before I had to drag us to a friend's ridiculous birthday party we were in no mood to attend. Struggling to keep my slick pony tail in place, I started rumaging through his bathroom cabinet drawers in hopes of finding my hairspray.  It was then I saw the little orange pill bottle. It was laying down sideways with the word "Viagara" angled straight towards my eyes. I tried to stiffle my laughter and figure out how I was going to tell my ex I discovered his ED medicine. I am sure most girls would be mortified to learn that their boyfriend, at age 30, was taking viagara. I mean we have all seen those commercials - if they don't make you laugh, then you have a problem. I continued to fix my hair while my ex, made our pregame drinks in the kitchen.



A few minutes later, my ex yells, "hey babe, can I get you anything?" I respond, "Yeah, can you tell me why you have a Viagara prescription?" Silence.  Moments later, he pops into the bathroom laughing, his face bright red.  There is nothing that can embarrass my ex and I mean nothing. So I was so interested to hear what he had to say about his little secret. I explained to him how I found the bottle and asked what the situation was. Thankfully, we are still both laughing.


So he explains why he has the pills, apparently needed because of a side effect of a blood pressure medication he is no longer on. This made sense to me because he had mentioned the blood pressure medication previously and how he couldn't "perform" in the bedroom the way he wanted to, so he stopped taking it. Well, this is all well in good, but that was two years ago and the pills had been refilled recently. So what's the deal you ask? I have come to the conclusion that men like the extra bump that the pill gives them. My ex claimed that his friends often asked to buy pills in preparation for a big night or because they knew that once they had that 12th bud light (barf), they were going need some serious help getting the blood to flow to that region.



I learned a lot from my ED med run in. Once again it is proved to me that boys never grow up and always have and always will be focused on their penis. So we may as well stop hoping that "he will change." Also, every girl has her weirdo beauty thing, workout thing, shoe thing that we would be mortified to tell anyone but our closest friends. Now, here is proof that guys have their little quirks and insecurities too... and who knew that Viva Viagara could help some of them solve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment