Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Blue Moon Anyone?


The apartment search in BK was brutal during my Saturday adventure.  Since I was nowhere near able to afford my own place, I was looking at places that needed a roommate. I will always remember a girl – let’s name her Free Spirit – that showed me a room in her apartment.

I arrived to the apartment around noon and rang the buzzer. The block was cute and it was close to the subway so I was excited to see the place. I am greeted by Free Spirit in bed clothes while brushing her teeth. I am pretty sure she had the drool/toothpaste combo running down her chin. Ok ok – maybe she just woke up? At least she brushes her teeth I guess. She takes care of her mouth situation and shows me around the extremely tiny apartment. The bedroom that would be mine was too small to fit anything other than a twin bed and a nightstand.  With the tiny room and Free Spirits weird décor, I knew I couldn’t live here, but when we tried to politely leave, she wasn’t having it.

She practically forced me and my past boyfriend to sit on her couch.  She comes out of the kitchen with a waffle (no plate) in hand and a freshly opened bottle of Blue Moon. Apparently, we were invited to brunch and didn’t realize it because she offered us a waffle and beer too. Of course she plops herself down next to us on the couch, way to close for comfort and talks our ears off for the next 30 minutes.  She stressed to us that she was too creative and free to have a regular job and took to designing jewelry and teaching yoga. She discussed all of the nail salons she has gone to in the neighborhood and ranked at least 6 or 7 for us. She went on and on about gossip from the building and the block.  She did this all with her mouth full of waffle pieces while guzzling down her beer. Needless to say, I passed on Free Spirit and her creative ways of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment