Friday, February 7, 2014

The Q to BK


Being that I had spent very little time in NYC and next to no time on public transit I was quite nervous about my subway ride. First things first, I had to find the damn train. At the time, I had no idea what part of the city I was in, but I now know that I was near Herald Square. To anyone who knows NYC, you know what kind of hell it is to walk through that part of the city on a sunny Saturday. I shoved my way through the crowd in hopes of finding something that resembled the entrance to a subway, specifically the Q line. I did spend a short time living in Philly after undergrad so at least I had some experience– blue and orange line what up!?

By the time I made it to the subway, I was running late (per the usual) and I couldn’t waste any time. My boyfriend at the time, and still good friend to this day, was along for my wild trip and he was no help in locating where we were supposed to go. He just stood around gawking like another crazed tourist. Somehow we managed to get on the right train and make our way to Brooklyn.

I saw several apartments that day and probably walked who knows how many miles around Brooklyn. (At the end of the day, my feet never hurt so bad in my life). There are plenty of nice neighborhoods and it was really easy to get around and see different parts of the borough. Side note: Prospect Park is gorgeous and a must see for anyone who is interested. I decided on the first apartment I looked at in Fort Greene. It was a 2 bedroom and the new roomie seemed nice and easy to get along with. I met several girls looking for roommates that day and there was one that I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment